Saint Olof´s Chapel in Tylösand has a remarkable history. The chapel was buildt in 1721 for the congregation in Lidhult, close to the province of Småland´s provincial border. About 150 years later it was torn down and replaced by a church made of stone. The lumber from the former chapel was bought by a farmer in the parish and used to build a house.
When the provincial antiquarian Erik Salvén from Halland visited Lidhult in 1931 he heard the story of the old chapel. Erik Salvén went to the farmer who, in the attic of his own house showed him the old, beautiful paintings from the ceiling of the church. Thanks to his intensive detective work, Erik Salvén could trace and locate most of the artifacts from the old chapel. The bridal bench was being used as a box for calves at a farm. The spiral columns at the altar were found in the United States being used as pedestals for flowers.
The chapel is located in Halmstad on the Swedish west coast and you can read a lot more on the website.